An exciting vacancy exist for a Senior Lab Technician in our Quality Team.
The successful candidate will responsible for supervising all aspects of the lab and providing support to the Lab & Quality Manager.
- Efficiently signing off documentation,
- Compiling of Lab result reports,
- Compiling of non-conformance reports,
- Managing and ordering of Lab stock,
- Conducting and maintaining of Lab staff training,
- Liaise with Quality Admin for external testing Sample dispatch,
- Conducting lab staff performance assessments and providing feedback and guidance to staff
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior lab role
- Degree / diploma in Food Technology, Microbiology or Biotechnology
- Food Safety Training would be an advantage
Skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety law and regulations,
- Knowledge of Food Technology & Quality Control
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office,
- Proficient in Chemical and Microbiological Testing techniques – dairy specific would be an advantage,
- Good communication skills,
- A clear criminal record,
- Own transport is essential,
- This position requires after hours and weekend work.
Should you feel that you meet the above criteria and wish to apply, please send your CV to Careers@dairyday.co.za or alternatively submit your CV to the HR office. The closing date for internal applications is Tuesday, the 31 October 2017 at 12:00pm. Only candidates that meet the minimum criteria will be shortlisted